BEEP PTO Mission
1. To encourage communication and education between and amongst parents, teachers and the administration:
• each BEEP class has room parent(s) to serve as a liaison between the parents and the PTO and
• we publish HONK! newsletters bi-yearly and circulate Psssst! flyers to advertise time-sensitive events.
• all communications are shared and supplemented on this Website.
2. To advocate to the Town and Commonwealth on behalf of Brookline’s young children and families:
• BEEP PTO officers meet monthly with the superintendent of schools and BEEP administrators to discuss topics of interest and concern to the BEEP community.
• as needed, we attempt to influence legislation that affects BEEP funding and resources.
3. To provide financial and voluntary support for the activities and needs of the Brookline Early Education Program:
• through the sales of child-sized Brookline Fire Department t-shirts, we have raised over $9000 that has been distributed to each BEEP classroom to be used for activities that enrich the classroom experience or enhance the curriculum.
• in conjunction with room parents, we share information and ideas for volunteer opportunities to enhance the classroom experience (e.g., in-class projects, field trips, etc.)